John J. and Marjorie E. Shepard Communications Scholarship
This scholarship was established to support students in the School of Communications.
- Must be accepted to or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be full-time, undergraduate student enrolled in the School of Communications
GPA of 3.0 or greater and making satisfactory academic progress
- Demonstrate financial need. Must file FAFSA
- Preference to students pursuing career in broadcasting/multimedia journalism
Renewal Criteria: Must reapply for renewal. Scholarships may be awarded to an individual for a maximum of 4 semesters.
- John J. and Marjorie E. Shepard
- Up to $3,000
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Communications
- Supplemental Questions
- Essay: Please write a 2-3 page essay including- A statement of your background, goals, directions and plans after graduation. A statement that speaks to how you have shown promise, participated in extra-curricular activities, provided leadership or otherwise excelled at GVSU. A statement of your current academic interests and directions.