The Barbara Waddell Research Award
This scholarship is awarded to students who want to conduct research in native plants and their use in gardening, landscaping, ecosystem restoration eradication of undesirable invasive species or conservation of native species of plants.
- The student must be majoring in either Biology or Natural Resources Management
- Recipients shall be making satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University and the Biology Department
- Be enrolled full time
- Transfer candidates must be accepted by Grand Valley State University for enrollment, and recipients must be attending the University to be eligible to receive this award
Renewal Criteria: Non-renewable
- Barbara Waddell
- Biology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Natural Resource Manangement
- Supplemental Questions
- Name of your academic advisor:
- Please list your major GPA.
- Please list all the college-level Biology and NRM courses you have taken or in which you are currently enrolled. If you transferred coursed to GVSU, where did you take those courses?
- Please attach your written research proposal in which you demonstrate how this research will work to increase current knowledge about native plants and application of that knowledge to improving and expanding the use of native plants for one or more of the following: gardening, landscaping, ecosystem restoration, eradication of undesirable invasive species, or conservation of native species of plants. Describe any prior experience that is relevant to your proposal. What is your motivation for the doing the project? Describe, succinctly, what work you propose to do and what will be intended outcome(s). What do you expect to achieve, and how will you achieve it? What do you expect to get out of this personally and professionally? What will be your schedule for conducting the work and achieving your goals? Limit yourself to no more than two double-spaced pages.
- Please list any other grants or awards that you have received, are pending or for which you have applied to support this research. To whom did you apply for those? When will you know if they will fund you?
- You must have a faculty mentor for this award. Please attach a written statement of support of the project from your mentor.
- Show 1 more