Douglas and Ellen Chung Asian Social Work Graduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established to promote social work services in the Asian countries and communities and support Asian students who are pursuing degrees in Social Work.
- Candidates must be Asians or Asian Americans who demonstrate by an essay their eagerness to bring culturally sensitive social work to their home countries around the Pacific Rim or to their Asian communities in the western world
- Candidates must be admitted to the School of Social Work to study at the graduate level in a degree seeking course
- Must have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.3 or better and be making satisfactory academic progress (3.0 or better in graduate school) according to the norms established by Grand Valley State University School of Social Work
- Must be enrolled as a full time student
- Demonstration of financial need not required
Renewal Criteria: Renewable. Student can receive the scholarship for max for 4 semesters.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY In order to apply for and be considered for this scholarship you must:
- Submit this application into myScholarships
- Students must submit a one-page essay describing how this scholarship will help them. This essay must be turned into the School of Social Work in an envelope.
- Please include an unofficial transcript in the same envelope as your essay
Please turn in all additional documents required in an envelope with the subject being the scholarship you are applying for, please submit to:
GVSU-SSW, 3rd Floor
401 West Fulton
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
This fund is in compliance with Prop 2-06 because it was established prior to its passing in 2006. At the donors wishes this fund will continue making awards as originally intended, and in return no new gifts to the fund can be accepted.