Steele A. and Mary D. Taylor Pathway to Education Scholarship
This scholarship was made available for those who have participated in the TRiO Upward Bound Program, a TRiO program within GVSU followed by those from TRiO programs in Grand Rapids Public Schools.
- Candidates who have participated in the Upward Bound Program, a TRiO program incorporated within the Advising Resources & Special Programs unit at Grand Valley State will be given preference
- Must be enrolled full or part-time in a degree-seeking major
- Students must have a GPA of 3.0 and an ACT score of 18 or better
- Students must demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA
- Transfer students must have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Transfer students Must be GRPS grads with an Associates Degree from Grand Rapids Community College
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship may be awarded for a maximum of 10 semesters if student continues to meet the criteria and and satisfactory academic progress.
- Steele and Mary Taylor
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you participated in the TRiO Upward Bound program?
- What high school did you (or will you) graduate from?
- In a short paragraph please explain the level in which you were involved in this program and also describe the program that you participated in.