West Shore Aware Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to GVSU students who demonstrate a positive sensitivity to an involvement in issues relative to the LGBT community and who promote visibility by service to the larger community.
- Preference will be given to LBGT students or to other students who demonstrate visible positive support for issues important to the well-being of the broad LGBT community
- May be enrolled part-time or full-time as undergraduate or graduate student
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be making standard of academic progress
- Financial need will be taken into consideration
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship is not automatically renewable. Recipients may reapply.
- West Shore Aware
- Supplemental Questions
- Please also write a personal letter telling us about yourself: Your academic strengths and weaknesses. Your personal strengths and weaknesses. Describe how your present circumstances support the goals of the scholarship. Describe any personal involvement in LGBT advocacy, community events, politics, etc.
- In what area(s) do you plan to specialize?
- What other scholarships are you seeking?