Joseph Spruit Engineering Scholarship
This scholarship benefits students in the GVSU School of Engineering who demonstrate financial need.
- Must have applied to and been accepted by GVSU for enrollment by February 1st or already be attending the University. Any newly-entering students may be considered for this scholarship
- Must be enrolled with full-time status as pre-engineering or accepted in Padnos College of Engineering and Computing, School of Engineering as degree-seeking student
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or greater in either high school or at GVSU or another accredited college or university
- Freshmen candidates must have mathematics sub-score of 27 ACT/ 665 SAT and a composite score of 25 ACT/ 1220 SAT. Also must have completed at least 6 units of high school mathematics and science courses
- Must demonstrate financial need as defined by FAFSA. Must file for FAFSA.
Renewal Criteria: Recipients will be automatically renewed for scholarship, can receive scholarship up to 8 semesters total and must meet satisfactory academic progress.
- John and Nancy Kennedy
- Padnos College of Engineering, Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list all mathematics and science classes taken in high school (grades 9 – 12).
- Attach a typed essay written about yourself and your interest in engineering. Refer to the description of the scholarship for specific topics to be addressed in your essay. Help the Engineering Scholarship Committee understand your uniqueness and see you as a person, as a student, and as a future member of the engineering profession. To accomplish this, it would be best if you wrote in the first person. Remember that the Committee will read many essays, and you must make them understand why you should receive a scholarship. Your essay will weigh heavily in their decision.