Crawley Japanese Studies Scholarship
This scholarship was designed to recognize and reward students interested in advanced studies in Japanese language and culture while participating in a semester or year-long study abroad program. Awards will be used in support to travel to, and study in Japan.
- An undergraduate student must be enrolled full time
- Student have a minimum 55 credits and at least 3.2 GPA or higher
- Student must complete a FAFSA
- Must complete 1 year of Japanese language courses at the university level
- Accepted to a semester or year-long study abroad program approved by the Padnos International Center
- Must attend the Japan Center for Michigan Universities
- Must make satisfactory academic progress
- Be available for an interview with the award committee, if selected as a finalist. Interviews generally last for 30 minutes and typically take place in early March.
Renewal Criteria: Non-renewable
- William and Amy Crawley
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you completed one year of Japanese language courses at the university level?
- Are you participating in the Japan Center for Michigan Universities program?
- Have you been accepted for a semester or year-long study abroad program approved by the Padnos International Center? Please note, this information will be verified and updated if incorrect.
- If yes, please list the Study Abroad program and length of program.
- Please include a 1-3 page personal statement addressed to the Crawley Scholarship Committee from the applicant, detailing his or her personal and career goals, reasons for selection of particular study abroad program, and statement of financial need. The statement of financial need should include a full breakdown of your program costs and current funding sources. This personal statement can be single-spaced or double-spaced.