The Young Black Making a Difference (YBMaD) Scholarship
The Young Black Making a Difference (YBMaD) scholarship program is designed to assist financially needy, academically competitive students who identify as African American. These scholarships are part of the non profits ongoing commitment to education.
YBMaD offers two scholarships $250 each, to students who have kids and are from communities who face limited access to educational career opportunities.
- Applicant must identify as a student parent with parenting responsibilities (including but not limited to child support, care visits, academic support, guardianship etc.).
- Applicant must have a current minimum GPA 2.5 (i.e. good academic standing).
- Currently enrolled college student who has at least one parent of African American or Black Caribbean heritage.
- Selection priority is given to applicants who have kids.
- Scholarship recipients must enroll in and attend a two or four-year accredited college or university or vocational/technical school. Verification of enrollment is required. Scholarship funds will be paid via check directly to the accredited institution in which the student is enrolled. Scholarship funds will not be paid directly, nor reimbursed, to an award recipient.
- Eligible students must submit a complete application and attach all of the required documentation or their application will not be reviewed.
Application Process: Application and instruction for submission is available for download by clicking ‘visit’ at the bottom of the page.
1139 Grand Bluffs Dr. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49534