Alison McManus Walters '73 Fostering Success Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to foster youth and ensure that financial need does not become a barrier to intellectual and personal growth while pursuing a degree at GVSU.
- Recipients of this scholarship shall have been accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be a resident of Michigan and have been in foster care, orphaned, or a ward of the court on or after their 13th birthday
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) in any course of study
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards
- Preference will be given to students who live on campus and participate in Student Success Programs offered by GVSU
- Financial need is required, and shall be demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed without reapplication provided the recipient continues to meet the qualifications stated above. This scholarship may be awarded to an individual for a maximum of 8 semesters.
- Alison McManus Walters
- Full In-State Tuition, Room & Board and a One-Time Computer Stipend
- Supplemental Questions
- How will this scholarship help you meet your educational and career goals?
- If you had to give advice to someone in the foster care system, what would it be and why?