Writing Major Scholarship
The Writing Major Scholarship is funded from contributions by Writing Department faculty and staff. The scholarship is intended to support talented upper-level Writing majors who demonstrate both writing excellence and financial need.
- Candidates and/or recipients, as applicable, for this scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Be entering their senior year (have completed at least 85 credits).
- Be enrolled with full-time status as a degree-seeking student.
- Have declared a major in Writing
- Have an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better (4.0 system) and a 3.5 GPA in Writing major courses.
- Demonstrate financial need by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which must be on file in GVSU’s Financial Aid Office.
- Submit a portfolio that includes a cover letter and writing samples (maximum 25 pages).
The following criteria will be used to judge the portfolios:
- Quality of reflective cover letter
- Strength of writing samples
- Financial need
[Note: Candidates must be accepted by Grand Valley State University for enrollment or be attending the University to be eligible to receive this scholarship.]
Renewal Criteria: Non-renewable