Mack-Jackson African American Teacher Scholarship
This scholarship was established to help African American students become teachers by providing scholarships to students enrolled in the College of Education.
- Enrolled full-time or part-time status as a degree-seeking student who is in the College of Education
- Pursuing initial teaching certification as a graduate or undergraduate student
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Candidates must declare their African American heritage in their response to Grand Valley admission application form questions regarding their racial/ethnic origins
- Preference will be given to scholarship candidates who have financial need. Students must file the FAFSA to receive additional consideration based on financial need
REQUIRED: You must upload a resume through the general application for this scholarship
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship may be automatically renewed provided student continues to meet qualifications.
Review Committee: College of Education
This fund is in compliance with Prop 2-06 because it was established prior to its passing in 2006. At the donors wishes this fund will continue making awards as originally intended, and in return no new gifts to the fund can be accepted.