Professor Paul A. Huizenga Biology Education Scholarship
This scholarship was established to promote the legacy of Professor Huizenga who was committed to teaching biology.
- Must be entering your junior or senior year of study. Transfer students at the junior or senior level may be considered.
- Must be accepted and enrolled as a full-time student with a biology major and seeking secondary teacher certification in the college of education, intending to teach biology at a secondary school level
- Candidates must be making satisfactory academic progress
- Priority will be given to candidates based on a combination of academic merit and financial need as jointly determined by the Biology Department and the Financial Aid Department
Renewal Criteria: Renewable Max four semesters
- The Huizenga Family
- Biology, College of Education, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe why you wish to become a secondary education teacher in biology and how your experiences at GVSU have shaped your interests and desires.