Scott M. Dykstra Oliver Products Company Engineering Scholarship
This scholarship was created with the desire to provide opportunities for other engineering students to achieve their education and a career in engineering.
- Candidates must have applied by February 1 and be accepted. First year students may be considered.
- Students must be enrolled as a full-time with a minimum of 12 credits pre-Engineering or declared engineering student in the School of Engineering.
- Must have completed at least 6 units of HS math and science courses and have a 3.0 cumulative.
- Must have a math sub score 27 ACT/ 665 SAT and composite score 25 ACT/ 1220 SAT.
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA either in high school (if first year student) or in another accredited college or university (transfer student) and must be a degree-seeking
Renewal Criteria: May be renewed for a max of (8) semesters if student meets the qualifications required by the Padnos School of Engineering
- Carri Dykstra and the Oliver Products Company
- Up to $1,500
- Padnos College of Engineering, Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list all mathematics and science classes taken in high school (grades 9 – 12).
- Have you been admitted to the Padnos College of Engineering?
- Attach a typed essay written about yourself and your interest in engineering. Refer to the description of the scholarship for specific topics to be addressed in your essay. Help the Engineering Scholarship Committee understand your uniqueness and see you as a person, as a student, and as a future member of the engineering profession. To accomplish this, it would be best if you wrote in the first person. Remember that the Committee will read many essays, and you must make them understand why you should receive a scholarship. Your essay will weigh heavily in their decision.