Wisner Doctorate of Physical Therapy Scholarship
This scholarship benefits graduate students preparing to become Physical Therapists.
- Candidates must be a declared and accepted Doctor of Physical Therapy student
- Must be enrolled full-time and committed to continuing in the GVSU DPT program culminating in the Doctorate of Physical Therapy
- Must have a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA and maintain this GPA
- Must demonstrate financial need
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship is automatically renewable, awards may be received for a maximum of 6 semesters provided applicants continue to meet qualifications.
- Joyce and Tom Wisner
- College of Health Professions, Physical Therapy
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list your past honors or achievements:
- Please provide a statement of career goal(s).
- Please upload a typed personal essay. Include in the essay information about yourself and your educational and career goals. Do not, however, merely list activities, honors and awards, since you have already done this above. Instead, help the selection committee understand your uniqueness. To accomplish this, it would be a good idea to write in the first person (Use “I”). Try to make yourself come to life as a person, as a student and as a future member of your chosen profession. Remember that committee members read many applications. You must make then understand why they should choose you for the scholarship rather than someone else whose record on paper might appear almost identical to yours. Your essay weighs heavily in the committee’s decision.