Rodney Mulder Social Work Scholarship
This scholarship is established to benefit Social Work students at the upper class or graduate levels.
- Candidates must be entering their junior undergraduate year or studying at the graduate level
- Be enrolled for minimum of 6 credits as BSW or MSW, degree seeking student
- Be making satisfactory academic progress
- Demonstrate financial need is not required; however priority will be given to scholarship candidates who demonstrate financial need by filing the FAFSA
Renewal Criteria: Nonrenewable
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY In order to apply and be considered for this scholarship you must:
- Submit this application in through myScholarships
- Students must submit a one-page essay, with a cover sheet that includes the name of the scholarship they are applying for, detailing their volunteer experience and what it means to them, include if you are receiving or have applied for other scholarships. This essay must be turned into the School of Social Work in an envelope.
- Students must also include an unofficial transcript in the same envelope with their essay
- Students must include a letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to their volunteerism. (Supervisor or community member). Letter of recommendation must be submitted in a sealed envelope to the School of Social Work with the recommendation writer’s signature across the seal.
Please turn in all additional documents required in an envelope (with the subject being the scholarship you are applying for) to:
GVSU-SSW, 3rd Floor
401 West Fulton
Grand Rapids, MI 49504