Charles H. and Florence Irwin Scholarship Endowment
The purpose of this endowment is to provide scholarships to students who have excelled academically and athletically but who would not be able to attend GVSU without some financial assistance.
- Enrolled full-time
- Seeking a major in the Movement Science department
- Recipient must be an inter-collegiate athlete who meets the NCAA academic eligibility requirements
- Candidates must have completed at least one season of inter-collegiate athletic participation
- Must be accepted by GVSU for enrollment or be attending the University
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list any intercollegiate varsity sports in which you participated and the year in which you participated in them.
- Please upload a typed 1-page essay describing yourself, your educational and career goals, and your experience performing community service on campus while pursuing a degree at Grand Valley. Describe one community service experience outside of school that is most meaningful to you. Please provide 3-4 goals you intend to set to achieve while in college and that will help prepare you to enter your career. Include what you plan to do with your education from GVSU. Remember that the committee will read many essays and you must make them understand why you should receive this scholarship.