Ryan Short Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship will be to provide assistance to students who are pursuing a career in Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation and Education through the MSW program.
- Master of Social Work pursuing a career in drug and alcohol rehabilitation and education
- Demonstrate a strong academic background (at least a 3.2 GPA) and community involvement related to this field
- Must be enrolled at least six hours per semester
Renewal Criteria: Non-renewable
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY In order to apply for and be considered for this scholarship you must:
- Submit this application into myScholarships.
- Student must submit a personal essay, with cover sheet that includes the name of the scholarship they are applying for. Please include information about yourself and your educational and career goals. Explain why you want to pursue a career in alcohol and drug rehabilitation and education and how you envision your future career to be. This essay must be turned into the School of Social Work in an envelope.
- Please also include a personal reference letter with your essay.
Please turn in all additional documents required in an envelope (with the subject being the scholarship you are applying for) to:
GVSU-SSW, 3rd Floor
401 West Fulton
Grand Rapids, MI 49504