General Dynamics Land Systems Engineering Scholarship
The General Dynamics Land Systems Engineering Scholarship is given to qualified Grand Valley State University students who are pursuing a degree in engineering.
- Must submit a complete admissions application and be accepted to Grand Valley State University by February 1st
- May be incoming freshman, transfer or upper-class student
- Must be enrolled full-time as pre-engineering or have declared engineering as a major
- High School and transfer students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 either in high school (if first year student) in another accredited college or university (if transfer student)
*Returning students must have 3.0 Grand Valley GPA
- Must have a math sub score of at least 27 ACT/ 665 SAT and composite of at least 25 ACT/ 1220 SAT
- Must have successfully completed at least 6 units of high school mathematics and science courses
- Must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). First priority will be given to scholarship candidates that have financial need.
- General Dynamics Land Systems
- Up to $1,500
- Padnos College of Engineering, Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list all mathematics and science classes taken in high school (grades 9 – 12).
- Attach a typed essay written about yourself and your interest in engineering. Refer to the description of the scholarship for specific topics to be addressed in your essay. Help the Engineering Scholarship Committee understand your uniqueness and see you as a person, as a student, and as a future member of the engineering profession. To accomplish this, it would be best if you wrote in the first person. Remember that the Committee will read many essays, and you must make them understand why you should receive a scholarship. Your essay will weigh heavily in their decision.