Initech Global Advancing Technology Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist and encourage graduates of public high schools who are pursuing higher education in Information Technology fields with goals to promote diversity in the field. Recipients of this scholarships shall:
- Be accepted for or currently enrolled at Grand Valley State University (GVSU)
- Must be an incoming freshman
- A graduate of a public high school in Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon, Oakland, Wayne and Macomb Counties
- Enrolled for 12 credit hours or more in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Information Systems majors
- Preference will be given to students who are graduates of Urban Schools identified by the Financial Aid Office
Financial need may be considered but not required, and shall be demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed without reapplication provided the recipient continues to meet the qualifications stated above and be making satisfactory academic progress. This scholarship may be awarded to an individual for a maximum of four (4) years or eight (8) semesters.