Dr. Nancy K. Mack & Katherine Klemit Mack Memorial Scholarship
To provide financial assistance to an undergraduate student who is seeking a second bachelor’s degree or a non-traditional student who is pursuing a career in elementary education.
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled at least half time (6 credits) in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences with a teachable major and minor in elementary education
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours, earned a minimum 2.7 overall GPA and a 2.7 GPA in elementary minor courses
- Must be making satisfactory academic progress according to GVSU norms
- Must meet minimum GPA requirements in major program area when applying to the College of Education
- Must demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- First priority will be given to candidates who are nontraditional students, second priority will go to candidates pursuing a second bachelor’s degree, and third priority will be given to mathematics or science majors.
Renewal Criteria: Automatic renewal with a maximum of 8 semesters of receiving award.
- Nancy K. Mack
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Please attach an essay, including future educational and career goals, and how your fields of study makes you a deserving candidate for the scholarship (1 page limit).