Joan Panopoulos Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide opportunities for graduates of the Grand Rapids Public Schools to attend college. The scholarship is designated to also benefit student who have participated in the TRiO Upward Bound program.
- Candidates who have participated in the Upward Bound Program, a TRiO program incorporated within the Advising Resources & Special Programs unit at Grand Valley State will be given preference
- Candidates from other TRiO programs who have graduated from Grand Rapids Public Schools may be considered if no one in the GVSU program applies
- Must be an entering new freshman or transfer student from Grand Rapids Community College who have earned an Associate’s Degree
- Entering freshmen must have a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA and a minimum ACT composite score of 18. Transfer students must have a prior college GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Full-time student
- Must demonstrate financial need by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: Scholarships will be automatically renewed (no more than 10 semesters) provided the recipients continue to meet qualifications.
- Christos and Joan Panopoulos
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you participated in the TRiO Upward Bound program?
- In a short paragraph please explain the level in which you were involved in this program and also describe the program that you participated in.