Mnomen Native American Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage and assist Native American students who are members of a federally recognized tribe in Michigan or who demonstrate lineal heritage from a state or federal tribe, with the costs of their education at GVSU.
- Recipients must be accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be an undergraduate resident of Michigan preparing to enter their sophomore year
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) in any course of study
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- Candidates must declare their Native American heritage and provide a copy of certification of at least one quarter or more degree of Native American blood quantum according to the available Tribal and/or Federal records
- Must also be an enrolled citizen of a U.S. federally recognized tribe
Financial need shall be demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and includes Pathway eligible students.
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed without reapplication provided the recipient continues to meet the qualifications stated above. The scholarship may be awarded to an individual for a maximum of nine semesters including spring/summer semester.