Mark A. Warren Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to not only honor Mark A. Warren’s greatest attributes and accomplishments but to support future chemistry students in completing their journey in education and establishing a career filled with meaning and purpose as well as a future filled with hope and happiness.
- Must be enrolled full-time
- Must be a junior or senior
- Must be a Chemistry major
- Must have a 3.4 GPA or greater
- Preference will be given to first generation college students
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate financial need by filing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Renewal Criteria: May be renewed with reapplication.
- Michele and Richard Marquez
- Chemistry, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you the first person in your immediate family to pursue a college degree (neither parent/guardian(s) has a four-year degree)?
- Upload an one-page essay describing the importance of hard work, dedication, and perseverance in both your personal and professional life.
- Please provide the name and email address of a GVSU faculty member who will submit a letter of reference on your behalf. (No relatives.) Prior to typing in the name and email address of your reference provider, please make sure to contact the individual to ensure they are willing to serve as a reference.To monitor whether your reference provider has provided the requested information, once you have specified a reference provider at least once, the “References” menu will appear in the top navigation menu. Simply navigate to that tab and you will see all references specified. “Requested” means that the reference provider has not yet supplied the requested information whereas “Submitted” means that your reference provider has completed his/her reference. By clicking “Resend”, you can remind the reference providers to complete the request.