Volkhardt Family Physical Therapy Scholarship
This scholarship is available to DPT students who demonstrate financial need.
- Candidates must be enrolled in Doctorate of Physical Therapy
- Part-time students may apply
- Student must be making satisfactory academic progress
- Financial need as defined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: Renewable for a max of 6 semesters provided the recipient continues to meet qualifications.
- Doris Volkhardt
- College of Health Professions, Physical Therapy
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list your past honors or achievements:
- Please provide a statement of career goal(s).
- Please upload a typed personal essay. Include in the essay information about yourself and your educational and career goals. Do not, however, merely list activities, honors and awards, since you have already done this above. Instead, help the selection committee understand your uniqueness. To accomplish this, it would be a good idea to write in the first person (Use “I”). Try to make yourself come to life as a person, as a student and as a future member of your chosen profession. Remember that committee members read many applications. You must make then understand why they should choose you for the scholarship rather than someone else whose record on paper might appear almost identical to yours. Your essay weighs heavily in the committee’s decision.