Mathematics Department Scholarship
This scholarship is established to provide all students of math with a resource to invest in their education.
- The student must have at least 45 credit hours completed at the time of application
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.2 or better.
- Must have completed at least four mathematics courses that count toward the major. At least two of these must have been completed at GVSU and include MTH 210.
- Must be returning to GVSU during the following year as a full-time student and will be expected to take at least one mathematics course, one cognate course, or one course in the elementary/secondary education professional program.
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Mathematics
- Supplemental Questions
- In 2-3 pages explain why you chose to major in mathematics.
- Please upload a copy of your myPath from myBanner.
- Please provide the name and email address of a Grand Valley State University faculty member in your academic major area who will submit a letter of reference on your behalf. Prior to typing in the name and email address of your reference provider, please make sure to contact the individual to ensure they are willing to serve as a reference.To monitor whether your reference provider has provided the requested information, once you have specified a reference provider at least once, the “References” menu will appear in the top navigation menu. Simply navigate to that tab and you will see all references specified. “Requested” means that the reference provider has not yet supplied the requested information whereas “Submitted” means that your reference provider has completed his/her reference. By clicking “Resend”, you can remind the reference providers to complete the request.