Ira Brad Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is intended to be awarded to students who participated in the TRiO Upward Bound program with a dream to receive a college degree.
- Candidates who have participated in the Upward Bound Program, a TRiO program incorporated within the Advising Resources & Special Programs unit at Grand Valley State University, will be given preference
- Candidates who have participated in other TRiO programs offered in Grand Rapids or nationally will be considered if no participant from the GVSU Upward Bound Program applies
- Incoming freshman who have participated in the TRiO Upward Bound program will be given preference. However, students at any undergraduate level may apply for this scholarship if they meet the criteria outlined herein.
- Candidates must be accepted to GVSU, be degree seeking, attending GVSU and making satisfactory academic progress.
- Financial need as defined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required.
Renewal Criteria: The scholarship may be renewed without reapplication for a max of (8) semesters provided the recipient continues to meet the qualifications.
- Howard Sutton
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you participated in the TRiO Upward Bound program?
- In a short paragraph please explain the level in which you were involved in this program and also describe the program that you participated in.