Berkowitz Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
The purpose of this Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to a GVSU student who is handicapped with a preference for a student whose handicap substantially affects his or her mobility.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a degree seeking undergraduate student of Grand Valley State University and must have a documented physical or learning disability
- Must be a current sophomore, junior or senior with an established GVSU grade point average
- Must be at least half-time student
- Financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Financial need will not be the sole factor in determining eligibility.
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship is renewable as long as student makes Satisfactory Academic Progress and reapplies
- Hy and Greta Berkowitz
- $500 - $1,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe your disability (if not a participant in the DSS program, documentation of disability must be provided with application).
- Please upload documentation of disability here.
- Please explain any unusual obligations/circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance:
- Attach a Personal Statement (500 words minimum, typed and double spaced) which should include but is not limited to: career goal, honors, awards, extra curricular activities, personal history, program of study and philosophy.