Ruth M. Perry Doctor of Physical Therapy Major Scholarship
This scholarship is meant to benefit students in the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program at GVSU.
- Candidates must be full time graduate student of Health Professions Doctor of Physical Therapy degree program
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA and be making satisfactory academic progress
- Must demonstrate financial need by having submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: Renewable for a total of 6 semesters
- Ruth M. Perry
- College of Health Professions, Physical Therapy
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list your past honors or achievements:
- Please provide a statement of career goal(s).
- Please upload a typed personal essay. Include in the essay information about yourself and your educational and career goals. Do not, however, merely list activities, honors and awards, since you have already done this above. Instead, help the selection committee understand your uniqueness. To accomplish this, it would be a good idea to write in the first person (Use “I”). Try to make yourself come to life as a person, as a student and as a future member of your chosen profession. Remember that committee members read many applications. You must make then understand why they should choose you for the scholarship rather than someone else whose record on paper might appear almost identical to yours. Your essay weighs heavily in the committee’s decision.