Study Abroad Photography Scholarship
The Study Abroad Photography Scholarship, established in 2011, is intended to support students who are majoring in Communications and wish to study outside of the United States.
- Must be enrolled with full-time status as a degree-seeking student with a declared major in the School of Communications at GVSU. Preference will be given to Photography and Film and Video Production majors.
- Participate in an approved for-credit Study Abroad program
- Submit an application through the Padnos International Center
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have a current FAFSA form on file with GVSU’s Financial Aid office
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list desired country for study abroad.
- Please specify desired study abroad program and/or sponsoring organization.
- Please upload a portfolio of your work. You can choose to either upload your images in a single file or multiple files. Students who prefer to submit a hard copy can bring their portfolio to 130 Lake Ontario Hall. Students submitting hard copy portfolios should be sure to label it 'Attn. Alissa Lane, Photo Scholarship' with contact details included. If you have any questions please email Alissa Lane.
- Please submit a 1‑5 page essay detailing your career or personal goals as related to photography, film, or other media, and reasons for selecting a particular study abroad program as it related to documenting the experience through images.