Mullendore Legal Studies and Criminal Justice Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize and reward students who major in either Legal Studies or Criminal Justice with the intention of entering and contributing to the legal profession and also encourage them to participate in international educational opportunities.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 55 credit hours completed
- Be enrolled with at least 6 credits, degree seeking undergraduate student in Legal Studies or Criminal Justice at GVSU in the School of Criminal Justice
- Candidates must have a 3.0 or greater cumulative grade point average and be making satisfactory academic progress
- Demonstration of financial need is required as determined by FAFSA
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed by re-application
- College of Community and Public Service, Criminal Justice
- Supplemental Questions
- Please explain any unusual obligations/circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance:
- Please summarize other financial scholarship support that you have received while at GVSU including the source(s) and amount of the award(s).
- Please upload at least one letter of recommendation from a GVSU professor.
- Submit an essay describing your interest in entering the legal profession. For this scholarship “legal profession” does not include law enforcement officers and adult/juvenile correction officers. Include in the essay your rationale for selecting both your current major and career goal. If you have already participated, or intend to participate, in a study abroad program please also include a description of that experience and how these study abroad experiences develop students in ways that other academic programs can not.