Robert and Barbara Wood Entrepreneur Scholarship
This scholarship is available to upper-class students in the Seidman College of Business who demonstrate interest in and passion for entrepreneurship.
- Must be entering junior academic level with a minimum of 55 credits and be admitted and enrolled in Seidman College of Business with full-time degree-seeking status
- Must be pursuing an entrepreneurship minor or entrepreneurship certification
- Must have cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater and shall be making satisfactory academic progress and meeting Seidman College GPA requirements
- Transfer candidates must be accepted by GVSU for enrollment
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship may be renewed without reapplication to an individual for a maximum of four semesters
- Seidman College of Business
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you have 24 credits with at least 1 Entrepreneurship course completed?
- Please name ENT classes you have taken:
- Are you a part of the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization?
- Are you part of a startup team, or have you ever started a business? If so, please name business:
- Please upload an essay written about yourself and your interest in entrepreneurship.
What to include in the essay: What is your view of the role entrepreneurs play in the community? Where do you see yourself in five years, and what are the steps you are taking to get there? Are there any individuals in the community that you admire and if so why? What are your views on the key elements of entrepreneurship such as innovation, risk taking and the like?
Help the Entrepreneurship Scholarship Committee understand your uniqueness and see you as a person, as a student, and a future entrepreneur. Remember that the Committee will read many essays, and you should help them understand why you should receive a scholarship. Your essay will weigh heavily in their decision.