Lois Searles Hospitality and Tourism Internship Award
This scholarship was set up to assist students who are pursuing an unpaid internship to gain experience in the hospitality and tourism industry. It will assist a student who may not otherwise have the opportunity to accept an unpaid internship position in the HTM field.
- Recipients must be undergraduate students currently enrolled with a declared major in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Must be enrolled in an internship course (HTM 290, 390 or 490)
- Full-time student during the 2014-2015 academic year
- Must be making satisfactory academic progress
- Must demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: Non-renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a statement of career goal(s).
- Please upload an essay (two pages max.) describing how you would benefit from this internship. Also if you were selected for this scholarship, how would you utilize the money awarded?