Spectrum Health Diversity Scholarship
This scholarship was established to encourage persons of color to pursue and complete degrees in the health care field.
- Candidates must have their familial or independent personal residence in the past three years prior to application in one of the following Michigan counties: Emmet, Charlevoix, Antrim, Kalkaska, Missaukee, Clare, Isabella, Montcalm, Ionia, Eaton, Calhoun or Branch.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Candidates must be accepted by GVSU for enrollment at undergraduate or graduate levels and admitted to one of the programs offered by The Kirkhof College of Nursing or the College of Health Professions.
- Recipients must be attending the University and pursuing a degree.
- Candidates must declare their person-of-color status (African American, Hispanic, Native American, Asian or Pacific Islander) with the University. If you need to check or update your status, contact the GVSU Records Office at 616-331-3327.
- Applicant demonstrates financial need as defined by government programs by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must be making satisfactory academic progress
Renewal Criteria: Scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of five (5) semesters and renewed without reapplication provided the recipients continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
This fund is in compliance with Prop 2-06 because it was established prior to its passing in 2006. At the donors wishes this fund will continue making awards as originally intended, and in return no new gifts to the fund can be accepted.
- $250 - $1200
- College of Health Professions, Kirkhof College of Nursing
- Supplemental Questions
- If you or your familial resided during the three years prior to application in one of the following counties, please select the appropriate selection.
- Please submit a 200 word essay describing you, your career interest and goals as they relate to the field of health science.