Joseph E. Appelt P.E. Engineering Scholarship
This scholarship was created to support freshmen entering the Padnos School of Engineering with an interest in environmental issues.
- High school seniors must apply for admission to Grand Valley prior to December 31st
- Must demonstrate an interest in environmental issues
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Minimum math sub-score of at least 26 ACT/650 SAT and composite score of at least 23 ACT/1140 SAT
- Minimum of 6 units of high school math and science
- Must be enrolled full-time
Renewal Criteria: Non-renewable
- Joseph Appelt
- Padnos College of Engineering, Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list all mathematics and science classes taken in high school (grades 9 – 12).
- Attach a typed essay written about yourself and your interest in engineering. Refer to the description of the scholarship for specific topics to be addressed in your essay. Help the Engineering Scholarship Committee understand your uniqueness and see you as a person, as a student, and as a future member of the engineering profession. To accomplish this, it would be best if you wrote in the first person. Remember that the Committee will read many essays, and you must make them understand why you should receive a scholarship. Your essay will weigh heavily in their decision.
- Do you have an interest in environmental issues as they relate to engineering?
- Please list the date you were accepted for admission to Grand Valley State University.