Whitney Young Outreach Engineering Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide funding for engineering students.
- Candidates who meet one or more of the following will be given additional consideration:
1. Graduates of urban public schools
2. Transfer student from community college
3. Participants of TRIO or Upward Bound programs
4. Participants of Padnos College of Engineering and Computing outreach activities such as STEPS, AIME, FIRST, MATHCOUNTS
5. Participants of GRAPCEP, GEARUP Michigan or a similar program any time during their K-12 educations
6. Lived in Section 8 or Section 236 housing
- Must be accepted and enrolled with full-time degree seeking status in the School of Engineering
- Must be Junior or Senior level students with minimum of 55 credit hours and cumulative GPA of 2.7 or greater
- Shall be making satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University and the School of Engineering as applicable
- Transfer candidates must be accepted by GVSU for enrollment and be attending the University
- Financial need is required and will be demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Renewal Criteria: Renewable for a maximum of 3 years
- Whitney Young Village Outreach
- Padnos College of Engineering, Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
- Supplemental Questions
- Attach a typed essay written about yourself and your interest in engineering. Refer to the description of the scholarship for specific topics to be addressed in your essay. Help the Engineering Scholarship Committee understand your uniqueness and see you as a person, as a student, and as a future member of the engineering profession. To accomplish this, it would be best if you wrote in the first person. Remember that the Committee will read many essays, and you must make them understand why you should receive a scholarship. Your essay will weigh heavily in their decision.
- Whitney Young Outreach
- Did you live in Section 8 or Section 236 housing?
- Were you a graduate of an urban public school?
- Were you a participant of GRAPCEP, GEARUP Michigan or a similar program any time during your K-12 education?
- Were you a participant of Padnos College of Engineering and Computing outreach activities such as STEPS, AIME, FIRST, MATHCOUNTS?
- Were you a participant of TRIO or Upward Bound programs?