Paul B. Henry Congressional Internship Award
The Henry Internship places a GVSU student in the Washington, D.C. offices of one of Michigan’s U.S. Representative or Senators during the spring/summer session. The Paul B. Henry Foundation pays for a scholarship of $2,000 for travel and living expenses, and Henry Interns receive a tuition waiver for up to 6 credits.
To be eligible, students must have completed a minimum of 55 credits by the end of Winter semester and are expected to report about their experiences to the GVSU community during the next academic year. Any major may apply
- $3,000 plus tuition waiver for up to 6 credits
- Political Science
- Supplemental Questions
- Did you upload a resume on your General Application? Note: a resume is required for this scholarship application.
- Please upload a copy of your most current unofficial transcript.
- Please address your reasons for seeking the internship, relevant experiences that prepare you for it, and how it advances your career and educational goals. (750 word limit)
- Please provide the name and email address of an individual who can serve as a reference provider on your behalf. Prior to typing in the name and email address of your reference provider, please make sure to contact the individual to ensure they are willing to serve as a reference.To monitor whether your reference provider has provided the requested information, once you have specified a reference provider at least once, the “References” menu will appear in the top navigation menu. Simply navigate to that tab and you will see all references specified. “Requested” means that the reference provider has not yet supplied the requested information whereas “Submitted” means that your reference provider has completed his/her reference. By clicking “Resend”, you can remind the reference providers to complete the request.
- If you would like to identify a Senator or Represenative with whom you would prefer to work with, please list their name here: