Eugene and Lillian Pawl Scholarship for Biology/Biomedical Science Majors
This scholarship benefits GVSU pre-medical students who are the first in their families to attend college.
- Candidates must be entering their Junior undergraduate year (minimum 55 credits hours) and recipients must be enrolled full time as either undergraduate nursing or pre-medical degree-seeking student.
- Pre-medical candidates must demonstrate and express intention of entering an allopathic or osteopathic medical school upon graduation from GVSU
- Candidates and recipients shall be making satisfactory academic progress
- Candidates must have completed ALL prior undergraduate education at GVSU (advance placement and incidental transferable credits from summer courses accepted)
- Must demonstrate financial need as defined by government programs by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: The scholarship may be received for a maximum of four semesters, renewed automatically and make satisfactory academic progress.
- Lawrence E. Pawl
- Biology, Biomedical Science, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your medical school plans?
- What is the highest education level of father?
- What is the highest education level of mother?
- Please attach a typed essay of 400 words or fewer in which you describe your motivation for attending medical school. Remember that the committee will read many essays, and you must make them understand why you should receive this scholarship.