Seymour and Esther Padnos Engineering Scholarship
This scholarship was established to support engineering students.
- Candidates must have applied by February 1 and be accepted to GVSU. First year students may be considered
- Entering freshman, transfer or returning student with interest in environmental issues
- Must be enrolled with full-time status as pre-engineering or declared engineering degree-seeking student in the Padnos School of Engineering
- High School and transfer students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 either in high school (if first year student) in another accredited college or university (if transfer student)
- Returning students must have 3.0 Grand Valley GPA
- Incoming freshmen must have math sub score of at least 27 ACT/ 665 SAT and a composite score of at least 25 ACT/1210 SAT
- Incoming freshmen must have at least 6 units of high school math and science.
- Must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Extra consideration will be given to candidates with financial need
- Preference to dependents of employees of Louis Padnos Iron and Metal Company
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship is renewable provided the recipient maintains eligibility. Individual can receive scholarship for up to 8 semesters.
- Seymour and Esther Padnos
- Up to $2,500
- Padnos College of Engineering, Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list all mathematics and science classes taken in high school (grades 9 – 12).
- Attach a typed essay written about yourself and your interest in engineering. Refer to the description of the scholarship for specific topics to be addressed in your essay. Help the Engineering Scholarship Committee understand your uniqueness and see you as a person, as a student, and as a future member of the engineering profession. To accomplish this, it would be best if you wrote in the first person. Remember that the Committee will read many essays, and you must make them understand why you should receive a scholarship. Your essay will weigh heavily in their decision.
- Please list the date you were accepted for admission to Grand Valley State University.
- Are you a dependent of an employee of the Louis Padnos Iron and Metal Company?