The Justice and Society Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the GVSU School of Criminal Justice faculty to recognize and reward students who have demonstrated academic potential to excel in criminal justice studies at GVSU.
- Must be an undergraduate student majoring in criminal justice
- Should be enrolled for twelve credit hours or more but the award will be prorated if the student is enrolled for less than 12 credits
- Must possess a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (Transfer candidates and recipients must verify a 3.0 or higher GPA from their transfer institutions.)
- Must be making satisfactory academic progress according to norms established by the School of Criminal Justice and GVSU
- If financial need is considered, such need will be demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The Justice and Society scholarship may be renewable, upon reapplication, for four semesters (two years).
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship is renewable, upon reapplication, for a maximum of four semesters (two years) provided the recipient continues to meet the qualifications.
- College of Community and Public Service, Criminal Justice
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list any previously attended college(s) and date(s) attended:
- Degree(s) earned and date(s) received:
- Upload an essay describing your interest in criminal justice, your career goals, and how the Justice and Society Scholarship will help you achieve these goals. Include any additional information that you feel is relevant.
- Please upload 2 letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- Letter of Recommendation: Please provide a name and email address for someone who is a non-family member who can serve as a reference and provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Prior to typing in the name and email address of your reference provider, please make sure to contact the individual to ensure they are willing to serve as a reference. To monitor whether your reference provider has provided the requested information, once you have specified a reference provider at least once, the “References” menu will appear in the top navigation menu. Simply navigate to that tab and you will see all references specified. “Requested” means that the reference provider has not yet supplied the requested information whereas “Submitted” means that your reference provider has completed his/her reference. By clicking “Resend”, you can remind the reference providers to complete the request.