Amos Sanders Jr. Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist and encourage students with financial need who are graduates of urban schools or who participated in Upward Bound/TRiO programs.
- Recipients of this scholarship shall have been accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU.
- Must be an undergraduate entering his/her senior year
- Enrolled for 12 credit hours or more in any course of study
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater meet satisfactory academic progress standards
- Preference will be given to candidates who are graduates of urban schools as identified by admissions and candidates who participated in Upward Bound/TRiO programs.
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may not be renewed.
- Desiree A. Sanders '04 in loving memory of Amos Sanders Jr.
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you participated in any pre-college or federal pre-college programs such as TRIO or Upward Bound?
- If so, please list which program(s) and the years of involvement.
- Please describe your career goals, your experience in Upward Bound/TRiO programs if applicable, and how receiving this scholarship will help you in their final year of studies.