Mark '73 and Kris Kelley Therapeutic Recreation Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to help GVSU therapeutic recreation students reduce debt and confidently select a junior year fieldwork placement and senior year clinical internship that will enrich their education and training in a specific area of interest, especially with veterans and individuals with Autism or developmental disabilities. To be eligible students must:
- Be accepted or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Be undergraduate junior or senior student enrolled in the therapeutic recreation program
- Be accepted to a fieldwork placement or clinical internship
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress as determined by the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Preference will be given to students whose placement will serve veterans, individuals with Autism or developmental disabilities, or students whose career is to serve one of these populations.
Financial need will be given preference and will be demonstrated by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed with reapplication provided the recipient(s) continues to meet the qualifications listed above. This scholarship may be awarded to an individual for a maximum of 4 semesters.