Alumni Association Presidents' Leadership Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to award and encourage the building of lifetime leadership skills while students are earning a degree at GVSU.
- Recipients of this scholarship shall have been accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be at least a sophomore (transfer students are eligible)
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) in any course of study
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must be meeting satisfactory academic progress standards
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate outstanding leadership by serving in a leadership role in a volunteer organization
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may not be renewed
- Previous presidents of the Grand Valley State University (GVSU) Alumni Association
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe the leadership role(s) you held in a volunteer organization, your experience serving as a leader, how your team members responded to your leadership, and what you learned from the experience.
- Please describe your experience with community service, what motivated you to participate in the event/organization and what you learned from the experience.
- Please describe your work experience and any leadership skills learned and developed while employed.