Dr. George I. and Helen Z. Quimby Scholarship
This scholarship was meant to provide awards to anthropology students. Click here to view a short biographical film about George Quimby.
- Candidates shall be entering their Junior or Senior year. Candidates must be accepted by GVSU for enrollment, and recipients be attending the University to be eligible to receive this scholarship
- Recipients must be enrolled with full-time status as an Anthropology major, degree-seeking student
- Candidates and recipients shall be making satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University and the Department of Anthropology
- Financial need as defined by government programs is required. Candidates and renewing recipients must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: Renewable provided the recipient continues to meet the qualifications.
- The Quimby Family
- Up to $1,500
- Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Please explain your interest in anthropology.
- Please explain any unusual obligations/circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance:
- Faculty Recommendation: Please provide a name and email address for a faculty member who can serve as a reference and provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Prior to typing in the name and email address of your reference provider, please make sure to contact the individual to ensure they are willing to serve as a reference. To monitor whether your reference provider has provided the requested information, once you have specified a reference provider at least once, the “References” menu will appear in the top navigation menu. Simply navigate to that tab and you will see all references specified. “Requested” means that the reference provider has not yet supplied the requested information whereas “Submitted” means that your reference provider has completed his/her reference. By clicking “Resend”, you can remind the reference providers to complete the request.