Grand Forum Scholarship for Continuing Education
This scholarship provides financial assistance to persons whose college education was interrupted for one or more reasons and who wish to continue to pursue earning a college degree at Grand Valley State.
- Non-traditional students must be returning as undergraduate students preferably after a period of interrupted college studies.
- Candidates who were previously GVSU students must have a minimum of 24 prior credits
- Transfer students must have a minimum of 24 transferable credits, previously earned college credits
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student with at least 3 credit hours
- Must demonstrate financial need as defined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: Nonrenewable
- Grand Forum
- Up to $1,400
- Continuing Education
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a typed 1-2 page essay describing how you have experienced a break in your education, why you decided to return to college to pursue a bachelor’s degree, and any exceptional life circumstances due to employment, child/family responsibilities, or other challenges that make you a good candidate for this scholarship. Remember that the committee will read many essays and you must make them understand why you should receive this scholarship.