Marilyn and Budge Sherwood Seidman College of Business Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
This scholarship was established for non-traditional students who have taken time to raise a family, and for whatever reason may have put off pursuing their master’s degree and who are pursing a master’s in the Seidman College of Business.
- Candidates must have had prior employment experience and provide a description and dates of the employment
- Must be accepted and enrolled with full or part-time (minimum 3 credit hours) status in the Seidman College of Business
- Demonstration of financial need as shown through completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is not required but financial need may be considered
- Candidates receiving no support from their employer will be given priority consideration. A single head of household will be given preference in selection.
Renewal Criteria: May be renewed with reapplication as long as recipient continues to meet scholarship all scholarship requirements.
- Marilyn Sherwood
- Grand Valley University Foundation, Seidman College of Business
- Supplemental Questions
- Did you have to take time off of school to raise a family?
- If yes, please list the dates and years taken off to raise your family.
- Please write an explanation that provides some insight towards your decision to take time away to raise your family. Please also describe why you would be a deserving candidate for this scholarship.