John T. Batchelder Political Science Scholarship
The John T. Batchelder Political Science Scholarship is intended to support academically high achieving political science majors fund their undergraduate careers.
- Candidates must be entering their Junior year carrying a minimum of 55 credit hours
- Must be enrolled with full or part-time status as a Political Science major, degree-seeking student
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.3 or greater and an average GPA of 3.3 in Political Science courses. Recipient must be making satisfactory academic progress
- Demonstration of need is not required but may be considered. Candidates who wish financial need to be considered must file FAFSA.
- Transfer Student must be attending GVSU to be eligible to receive this scholarship
Renewal Criteria: Renewable provided student continues to meet qualifications. Scholarship may be received for a maximum of four semesters.
- The Batchelder Family
- College of Community and Public Service, Political Science
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a maximum one page, single-spaced, 12-point font essay regarding the following topic: Identify one contemporary policy problem in American politics, international relations or within another country. Discuss how a theory from one of your political science courses can be used to explain the causes of, or the solutions to, that problem.
- Please list your major GPA.