Be the Change Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist first generation students who have a parent that has previously been or currently incarcerated (defined as time spent in jail or prison). To be eligible for this scholarship recipients must:
- Be accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Be an undergraduate student (including transfer students)
- Be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) in any course of study
- Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress according to the norms established by the University
- Preference will be given to students who are the first in their family to earn a four-year degree (first generation)
Financial need is required and shall be demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed with reapplication provided the recipient continues to meet the qualifications above. This scholarship may be awarded to an individual for a maximum of eight (8) semesters.