English Faculty Scholarship for New Majors
The English Faculty Scholarship for New Majors is awarded to two English majors annually. This scholarship has been made possible by the generosity of faculty members of the Grand Valley State University English Department.
- Applicants must be declared English majors at time of application
- Currently-enrolled student with fewer than 60 credit hours completed (1st or 2nd year student) during semester of application
- Cumulative 2.5 grade point average or better
- First-generation college student
Renewal Criteria: Non-renewable
- Faculty members of the Grand Valley State University English Department
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, English
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you the first person in your immediate family to pursue a college degree (neither parent/guardian(s) has a four-year degree)?
- In 100-200 words (1-2 paragraphs), explain why you are applying for this scholarship, why you should receive the award, and how it will assist you in achieving your academic goals.
- Why are you interested in this scholarship?
- Please include an academic writing sample, minimum three full pages in length, submitted for a class during your freshman or sophomore year.