Brooks First Generation Diversity Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded in the spirit with hope that the minority recipients will use their education and a portion of their blessings to positively impact the lives of others.
- Candidates must be accepted or currently attending GVSU
- First year students must have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.1 or higher and an ACT composite score of at least a 20 or SAT score of at least 1040
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must be a full-time student
- Candidates must declare their minority status in their response to admissions application form questions regarding their racial/ethnic origins. Multiracial candidates may also qualify for this scholarship. Racial/ethnic origins categories, which qualify, are black/non-Hispanic, Hispanic, American Indian or Aleut, Asian or Pacific Islander
- First priority will be given to otherwise qualified students candidates whose familial residence is the greater Holland-Zealand, MI area
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed provided the student continues to meet the qualifications stated above. Renewal candidates shall be making satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University.
This fund is in compliance with Prop 2-06 because it was established prior to its passing in 2006. At the donors wishes this fund will continue making awards as originally intended, and in return no new gifts to the fund can be accepted.