Kristin M. Zoller Cooper BSN '94, MSN '02 Nursing Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist single student parents pursuing a BSN or MSN degree in nursing and reduce the financial pressure on students and their families and make a Grand Valley education accessible to students from all backgrounds. This need-based scholarship will ensure that financial need does not become a barrier to intellectual and personal growth. To qualify recipients:
- Must be accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be a single student parent
- Must be accepted and enrolled in BSN or MSN program in the Kirkhof College or Nursing
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress according to the Kirkhof College of Nursing and the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- First preference will be given to BSN students
- In the event there are no single parent students who qualify, preference will be given to enrolled nursing student parents that meet the qualifications.
Financial need is required and will be demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed without reapplication provided the recipient continues to meet the qualifications listed above.